Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DER STRASSENBAHN

ehh funny story.

I went to the zoo. Because I like animals.. and while looking at the pink flamingos I see the Straßenbahn out of the corner of my eye. Looking at my watch I say to myself “that’s my Straßenbahn!!!!”

And so like the silly girl I can be I book it, like i’m running away from the damn polar bears. Making it just as the doors close I know for a fact I sounded like a dying polar bear. How attractive right? Next, I stomp to an open seat, give in to gravity and try to breathe like a normal human being. And that’s when everything clicks into place. Not the “Wow! I’m really here, in **Germany**”—but the “oh holy, oh my goodness, I got on the wrong Straßenbahn!”

My simple line of inner questions and answers:
  • Where am I? No clue.
  • What direction am I going? No clue.
  • Who looks like they can speak English? No clue.
  • When was my Straßenbahn actually coming? No clue.
  • Why did I get on the wrong Straßenbahn? No clue.

Since the answers to my questions weren’t so positive, panic and paranoia sets it. I try to speak English to a 20 something year old, nope no English. Hahalariously this old couple in another row motions me to come over. They weren’t offering candy and I was a little desperate so I went. Ten minutes later I’m at the main station waiting for good old Straßenbahn S11. Thanks old couple for not being kidnappers and for helping me get home!

 This is the S11 which I take every day to go to language camp. S11..S11..S11..S11…

No comments:

Post a Comment