Friday, September 16, 2011

LANGUAGE CLASS


For the first month I’ll be taking language classes in the nearby city of Karlsruhe. In the second week of October I get to go to real school—Gymnasium Karlsbad.


Just to mention exchange students have three options when they initially come to Germany (and just as well other countries). They will either be put right into school, go to a language camp, or take language classes. It all depends on how much background the student has in the German language. Some students might have a mix of going to German school during the day and then afterwards or on weekends going to language class. Usually the host family and AFS decides what would be best. Personally, I’m glad to be in language class.


I think that taking this language class is really going to help me. I have no German language background and being thrown into school would make everything awkward. At least in a month I can understand some phrases and throw out some of my own. The only downside of not going to school is making friends. I know I’ll have 9 months to make friends but I’m already edgy to start.


In the language class everyone is 25-50ish except another CBYX girl named Isabella. So I can’t exactly ask the 50 years old Russian couple if they want to hang out or go shopping after class :( The plus side is that I get to go around the city after class, which runs from 8:45 am to 1 pm. Karlsruhe is small, beautiful, and clean. Hopefully I will remember to take more pictures!

Tschüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment