Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"SURPRISE, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY" (NEXT WEEK)

Because I was going to my host-grandparent's house over my birthday and Christmas my exchange student friends with AFS threw me a "surprise" birthday party. They weren't very good at keeping it a surprise, but it's the thought that counts. My host family found it very strange that they would celebrate my birthday before it was actually my birthday. It's even considered bad luck to celebrate before an event in Germany, but so far it's been an amazing year and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! After seeing a movie we went to the Karlsruhe Christmas market and ice-skated there. It was probably the first time I went ice-skating in the last few years, but I didn't fall! Yay!

My gifts, which are already in my stomach safe and sound





It's definitely true that the other exchange students here have become a third family to me. I'm lucky to have them to rely on, share my experiences with, and know that they completely understand because they are going through slightly different versions.

1 comment:

  1. It's so great that you have other exchange student nearby! They can share the experience with you!
    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete