Thursday, July 14, 2011

METHOD TO MY MADNESS

..there is none.
As a future East Asian Studies Major, decided since 8th grade, people ask me:

-"WHY GERMANY?!?! It doesn't make sense. What's there?"
-Listen, if I knew what was there, why would I go?

But in all seriousness, I don't know why Germany. It just happened that way and I'm not going against the river flow. Because you just don't mess with the river flow.
To reassure (my mother) there is a slight method to my madness. I'm going to a totally new country, to learn a totally new language, become more independent, maybe mature a little to the point I can do my own laundry, and meet some hopefully amazing people. I have hope that anything can happen and going to Germany is just the start.

1 comment:

  1. hi! I'm Hannah and a freshman in BHS... and my guidance counselor gave me the link to your blog. Apparently the whole guidance department reads it. pretty cool. But anyways, I'm very interested in studying abroad and I'm in the middle of applying to NSLI-Y and YES Abroad programs. Are there any tips on applications you can give me? I have so many questions and I really don't want to bother you, but yeah. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete