Thursday, July 14, 2011

IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY

...how many days I spent just figuring out how to make a blog. I'm amazed that it's finally happened and how simple it turned out to be*. I wanted it to be super creative and impressive but then I figured out what I write is more important (just a little bit).
So, now that I've finished the hard part--Hi! My name is Adrienne. I'm 16, from Brewster, N.Y (GO BEARS!) and I'll be going to Germany through AFS from September 2011 to July 2012. At this point I don't know where exactly or who I'm staying with but I'm going! Just to mention it, in my house at this very moment there is minor tension over my situation. Should I explain?

My dad is a teacher and he gets these random emails about "educational opportunities" which he often sends me. I being the diligent daughter, often delete these emails without a glance. Apparently fate gave me the golden ticket when I actually read one of these emails. Guess what it was about? Just guess!  Yeah Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange Scholarship! To learn more about this scholarship and others, or to apply please click on the section at the top of the page marked CBYX & MORE

And the story goes on to me applying (with basically no comment to my parents) and G-E-T-T-I-N-G it. The hilarious part that anyone who knows me knows--is that I want to be an EAST ASIAN studies major in college. Explaining why I'm going to the wrong continent should be fun...

 * it was NOT simple--I changed from Tumblr to Blogger after (cough) 13 blog posts, so I have come to believe that decisiveness is not my defining quality.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Some little notes to make:
-I am NOT very organized in my thinking/writing
-I make a TON of grammatical errors, mostly because I can barely speak English due to....(there's no reason)
-I will probably end up using lots of unneeded parenthesis and quotation marks
- I apologize in advance for not keeping up with this blog and/or not explaining myself correctly, but questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment